LEARN TO SEW: Sewing with Stretch Fabrics
You may be an enthusiastic beginner or a seasoned sewist, but in amidst all your creating are you finding that you can't quite get the finish on your stretch garments 'just so'?
Don't you love all those wonderful stretch fabric patterns available? There are SO many available now to enable to you make your own sweatshirts, pyjamas, cosy jumper dresses and a huge array of gorgeous things for the teeny-tiny people in your life.
Not only that there is such a huge range of bright and colourful and eco-friendly stretch fabrics available today that the world is your oyster when it comes to comfy creations for your me-made wardrobe.
But it can also all be TOTALLY overwhelming. Where do you even start with choosing which fabric for which pattern?
This brand new five module course will leave you clued up and ready to go, sewing your new stretch garments with confidence and ease!
The second cohort of this course begins on 3rd March 2022. The course is run through our dedicated online learning academy and gives you:
- LIFETIME access to all the taught material AND your class zooms
- a dedicated APP for viewing on both Google Play and Itunes App store
- Closed Facebook group for project sharing and access to your tutor
- Weekly zooms for the 'live' period of the course - 18th April - 23 May 2023 (not compulsory and lifetime access to all the taught material remains if you choose not to attend )
The regular weekly zoom calls are.for anyone who is struggling to understand or has questions about a particular aspect of the teaching that week and take place on a Tuesday evening at 8pm GMT. They're a great opportunity to check in and share progress, and then the following weeks material is then released.
These zooms are entirely optional but are a great way to connect with your fellow classmates and recreate some of the buzz of our popular face to face classes. You get a direct line to me, Annie Lucas, for the duration and beyond and I will hold your hand and support you as much as you need! PLUS if you're not already there, access to the wonderful Start to Stitch community in Stitch Sewcial - a fantastic peer support resource and a place where Annie or a member of her team is happy to answer any or all questions
Each session introduces a series of skills or knowledge for that week, which are consolidated into a weekly practical exercise.
- Week 1: All about stretch fabrics - the different types, the construction, measuring stretch and more
- Week 2: Equipment for stretch fabrics - what you need to make your life easier and why
- Week 3: Techniques for sewing stretch fabrics - how to make the most out of your machine including how to set the perfect neck band
- Week 4: Choosing patterns for stretch garments - what to look out for and how to use them
- Week 5: Project week - put it all together and create your perfect stretch garment
An information packed sewing course, 44 video lessons, workbook, 12 detailed reference handouts, lifetime access and live support as you go!
PLUS - a FREE bonus module on using specialist elastics to make the perfect undies - once you can do this, there is nothing to stop you having a completely home made outfit from top to bottom! ( worth £35! )
For graduated students of LEARN TO SEW: Back to basics or Intermediate Skills Builder, OR people who have sewed before but don’t feel confident working with stretch, AS WELL AS people who own would like to understand which of their many stitches to use in which context.