LEARN TO SEW: Back to Basics
A beginners and refreshers sewing class covering all your machine basics, how to thread, sew, troubleshoot tension, change a needle, adjust stitch length / width. You will make 5 completed projects over the course and it will set you up for solo sewing! Work the comfort of your own home on your own machine so you can really get to know it. Detailed instructions, handouts and clear video tutorials.
I run this course in a closed Facebook group, with both recorded videos and regular weekly zoom calls for anyone who is struggling to understand a particular aspect of the teaching that week.
The next class begins on 21st Jan 2021 for 5 weeks. Each week we will have a live video call on a Thursday evening at 8 to check in and share progress, and then I will upload the course material for the following weeks.
Each session introduces a series of skills for that week, which are consolidated into a weekly project - each of them practical, gift-able and useful!
- Week 1: Get to know your machine - threading, tension and more, sewing in a straight line - make a pincushion
- Week 2: Sewing curves - make a padded heart decoration
- Week 3: Seaming and edging techniques - make a french seamed cushion cover
- Week 4: Applique and bias binding - make your own bunting
- Week 5: Inserting a lining into a 3D Object - make a mug cosy
A comprehensive foundational sewing course, 66 video lessons, one year access and live support as you go - what's not to love!
For complete beginners, people who have sewed before but don’t feel confident doing so, people who own a sewing machine but gave up when trying to thread it and haven’t looked at it since…
Have you got our early-bird discount code? Sign up to our mailing list here to get it ( and a free sample lesson ) before you check out :)