LEARN TO SEW: Back to Basics
A beginners and refreshers sewing class covering all your machine basics, how to thread, sew, troubleshoot tension, change a needle, adjust stitch length / width. You will make 5 completed projects over the course and it will set you up for solo sewing! Work the comfort of your own home on your own machine so you can really get to know it. Detailed instructions, handouts and clear video tutorials.
This course is run through a dedicated course hosting platform and gives you:
- LIFETIME access to all the taught material AND your class zooms
- a dedicated APP for viewing on both Google Play and Itunes App store
- Closed Facebook group for project sharing and access to your tutor
- Weekly zooms for the 'live' period of the course ( not compulsory and lifetime access will remain )
The next class begins on 13 January 2022 for 5 weekly sessions. Each week we will have a live video call on a Thursday evening at 8pm GMT to check in and share progress, and you will then be given access to the material for the following week. These zooms are entirely optional but are a great way to connect with your fellow classmates and recreate some of the buzz of our popular face to face classes. You get a direct line to our expert Annie for the duration and she will hold your hand and support you as much as you need!
Each session introduces a series of skills for that week, which are consolidated into a weekly project - each of them practical, gift-able and useful!
- Week 1: Get to know your machine - threading, tension and more, sewing in a straight line - make a pincushion
- Week 2: Sewing curves - make a padded heart decoration
- Week 3: Seaming and edging techniques - make a french seamed cushion cover
- Week 4: Applique and bias binding - make your own bunting
- Week 5: Inserting a lining into a 3D Object - make a mug cosy
A comprehensive foundational sewing course, 66 video lessons, lifetime access and live support as you go - what's not to love!
For complete beginners, people who have sewed before but don’t feel confident doing so, people who own a sewing machine but gave up when trying to thread it and haven’t looked at it since…
Have you got our early-bird discount code? Sign up to our mailing list here to get it ( and a free sample lesson ) before you check out :)